(Full disclosure: My eyeliner skills are not exactly perfect. It took a lot of time before I ventured into experimenting with liquid liner. The winged eye however, always eluded me. The flick from the end of my eye would always mess up.
Today we have Ranjini, a friend of mine who has the BEST eyeliner game I have seen. So what better than to ask her to walk us through the steps of creating a perfect winged eye? – Varsha)
Your six step guide to getting a perfect wing
(Tip: Add the collage to Pinterest for easy reference!)
- Draw a thin line over the eyelid with the pointed end of your brush to mark the thickness.
- Fill in keeping the brush flat, making sure you don’t get any on your eyelashes to prevent unwanted clumping.
- Holding the brush at an angle, draw a thin line – as if you’re extending your waterline.
- From the edge of the new line, bring the brush back to the thick outline to obtain a triangular shape.
- Smoothen out the point of contact, else leave as is. Fill in any spaces, making sure there’s enough product on the brush or there’s a good chance you might wipe out the existing liner with a dry brush.
- Use kohl to line under your waterline, halfway. This will make your eyes look bigger.
Do the same for the other eye, and apply mascara to achieve more definition.
MAC Superslick Liquid Eye Liner in black
Chambor Smoky Eyes Intense Kohl in black
COVERGIRL Lashblast Fusion Mascara in black